Saturday 31 January 2015

My first blog post – why am I doing this? (how cliché)

As someone who would regard herself as a creative type I have always found myself experimenting with new ways to express my creativity and personality… and struggled. I have previously had my own YouTube channel focusing on Beauty and Fashion when I was about 14/15 years old – this flopped when too many people I knew began to find out and I felt somewhat embarrassed and deleted the videos. Although I had gained a following of around 400 subscribers, I became rather self-conscious and overwhelmed so I binned the idea. Although I did love making these videos I now realise I didn’t have the passion to continue to talk about my beauty favourites or what I had bought recently in a haul video. I have however kept my YouTube channel and am now more focussed on vlogging holidays and my travels. These videos are far more enjoyable to make and a way to share these memories with friends and family.

Moving on to why I decided to start a blog… This is a new way, as well as continuing to make the occasional video here and there, to express myself. I’ll be able to express my ideas and thoughts publicly and have a document of my life that I can look back on – like a diary. Saying that, I did not have the idea of starting a blog myself. My parents have always encouraged me to start making videos again, perhaps daily vlogging because ‘Louis Cole & Ben Brown had to start somewhere’ but living on a small island like I do there are not many adventures or activities I can do on a day-to-day basis therefore the content would be pretty repetitive – so for now I will stick to filming holidays and exciting moments on little ol’ Guernsey.

I also have a couple of friends who blog and they too have inspired me to create this page, so thank you girls. Chloe has a ‘Fashion and Thoughts’ blog which links in perfectly with her degree in Textiles at Bournemouth University. Jaymee has her ‘Little Things’ blog where she writes about her life, beauty, baking and all the little things that matter – I have recently just discovered both of their blogs, after they kept them on the DL for so long! And I must admit I love reading their thoughts and having a new insight to their lives. Both blogs are absolutely brilliant and you should follow them both now!





Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment