Saturday 14 February 2015

Alpe d'Huez Ski and Snow Trip 2015 - Day 8

14/02/15


Happy Valentine’s Day!

We woke up this morning to a much whiter Alpe d’Huez. After 7 days of brilliant sunshine the snow mounds were beginning to look a little brown and the snow on the trees on the mountains was beginning to melt. The weather forecast shows it is meant to snow for the next 3 days, so the skiers and snowboarders will have some fresh powder to play on soon.

Today we just travelled back home. We waited outside in the heavy snow for BensBus to pick us back up again. The coach was so late we ended up waiting over an hour - the novelty of the snow wore thin after half-an-hour and we were all freezing. Finally the coach arrived and we made our way to Grenoble Airport. The drive there was excruciatingly long.

When we arrived at the airport we had to check-in and rush through security because the bus was so late. Security at Grenoble Airport was painfully slow but we got through and ready to board the flight. After all that, the flight was delayed for half-an-hour so we were able to grab a quick bite to eat. I slept the majority of the flight home.

I have enjoyed our holiday so much and I cannot wait to come snowboarding again soon. I would highly recommend visiting Alpe d’Huez, particularly if you are a learner as the green and blue runs are fabulous. There is plenty to do there – which I fully intend on doing next time I am there – including Husky sled rides, paragliding, driving snowmobiles and even a zip line. I am leaving with amazing memories with great company, a lot of bruises and even a horrendous goggle tan line (despite wearing sun-cream) but I wouldn’t change any of it.

I hope you have enjoyed reading the daily blogs of our Alpe d’Huez ski and snow trip as much as I have enjoyed writing them!

Thank you all, until my next blog post…

We woke to a much whiter Alpe d'Huez

We finally got to see some snow fall!



Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment