Thursday 21 January 2016



In order to explore the construction of the human skull I decided to create this half skull mask on my own face. I used makeup, paint and some photoshop to produce the final image. To read a step by step method of how I did this and watch a video of the application please click here



This is a poster I created for a local sport club (Cobo Cricket Club) to advertise their quiz night in order to raise money for the sport.








After a visit to Durrell Wildlife Park I felt inspired to transform myself into a bird. I was inspired by the wide variety species Durrell had and followed a tropical theme. Click here to see how I achieved this transformation and how I made the beak.





I created this wound using Special FX makeup. I chose to do make the fake wound on Henry's left shoulder as he already has a large scar on his right shoulder (as you can see in the image). This image shows both the scar and the Special FX wound and almost been seen as a 'before and after' shot. To read a step-by-step description of how I did this, click here.





 "Skulls and butterflies - they are life and death in the most obvious form imaginable".
To see my inspiration for this piece and how I got this final result, please click here.








My inspiration for this piece of work was an artist called Kelly Durette. I used makeup and paint to produce this final look. I used a green background to contrast with the purple on the eyes and to accentuate the green makeup on the forehead and the green in my eyes. Click here to read a step-by-step method.



















No comments:

Post a Comment