Friday 22 January 2016

Bird Transformation





To make the beak I experimented with paper creating different cut outs that would form a cone. Once I got the shape correct I made it out of cardboard. This alone was not stable enough to stay on my face so I covered it with plaster of Paris to add strength.

Once the paster dried, I covered with tape to make the surface smoother making painting easier. I also added two small holes in the top to mimic the nostrils. On the underside of the beak I cut out a large triangular hole. This was simply added so I could breath when it was worn over my nose and mouth.

I used acrylic paint to create a gradient affect on the beaks. I wanted to use viberant colours to mimic the beak of a tropical bird.




In the video below you can see the application process of the makeup and how I achieved the hairstyle to produce the final result.



No comments:

Post a Comment